Knitting with Beads | Workshop Supply List
Adding beads to your knitting is fun, and the results are magical! In this workshop, we will discover different ways that beads can be added, and discuss the pros and cons of each. You’ll leave with the confidence, skills, and resources needed to incorporate beads into your projects.
Part of the adventure is gathering the supplies. If you don't have materials, simply click on the images below for some suggested sources for purchasing, or find them in a local shop.
- Fingering weight yarn, light in color and smooth - preferably a wool or protein-based fiber (a partial hank is fine)
- At least 25 grams of Size 6/0 beads - I prefer Toho which have large holes, or Miyuki. Please check to make sure that the yarn will pass through the beads. Click HERE for a list of bead resources.
- Dental floss threader
- Size .75mm crochet hook (make sure beads fit on the hook)
- US 3 (3.25mm) circular needle (or size necessary to knit a nice fabric with your selected yarn)
- Small flat bottom, lidded container to hold beads
- Beading mat (or piece of felt)